How It All Began

The year was 1982, 4th grade at Ruth Livingston Elementary. The age where the boys flirt by teasing you on recess. The boy teasing me on recess was named Marvell Cooks. It was his first year at Livingston. We didn't have the same class, but definitley noticed each other on recess. We couldn't have been the most opposite of each other and that has not changed. That school girl crush and flirting went on for many years. In 6th grade we finally were in the same class, we had a little going out for awhile that year. He was my first boyfriend and now my last. The last will be first and the first will be last.
  Off to Junior High (I know I just aged me, no middle school back then.) I headed to McLaughlin and he to Stevens. But that didn't stop us, we still remained good friends and went out in 8th and 9th grade.My parents were not thrilled to say the least, but I will say, all the years we had growing up and going out, he never kissed me. He said he always respected me too much and put me on a pedistal of being to good for him. We broke up and other girls came and went for him and other boys for me. Through high school we still remained friends and talked and hung out, but had other things get the way. One was my little stint of dating one of his best friends to make him jealous, now I know it worked, at the time i didn't, he didn't show it. He was always my protector and friend growing up, always there when i needed him most. He never let anyone  or anything bad happen to me. Made sure I kept my standards that I stood by. Despite our different backgrounds we couldn't be kept apart. Even in the summers home from college we would get together sometimes, But over the years life happened and we lost touch. About the time I turned 20, we went different directions in life. I saw him a couple times over the years, but just a quick Hi, and that was only twice I think. But if you were ever a good friend or roommate of mine, you heard about Marvell. He was in my thoughts somewhere in that head of mine.  16 years later, about a year ago, I saw a friend of his out dancing one night, we got to talking and I asked him about Marvell. He got my phone number and a few days later Marvell called me. We talked on the phone for 2 months before actually meeting up. He was scared to see again. He knew I would be the one to settle him down. Well in January we finally did meet up and had our first kiss. We still had all those feelings from the past 30 years. Neither of us had never married,  And yes we are still opposite and very different back grounds, but that has never kept us apart. Now we are married looking forward to never parting again. A true love story from over the years.

0 comments:

 

yasmin law suit